MGM Obtains UL Listing on Line of Hemco Excess Flow Check Valves
We are proud to announce that on November 30, 2017, MGM obtained the UL mark for its line of high flow excess flow check valves. MGM acquired this product line from Hemco Industries in early 2017 to offer customers a higher-flowing alternative to MGM’s existing double-flanged check valves. MGM manufactures these valves in 2”, 3” and 4” sizes with closing flow options of more than 500 gallons per minute, propane. Beginning last May, MGM embarked on improving these products by:
- Obtaining certified flow rates, witnessed by Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- Eliminating body threads, moving to a welded body construction
- Machining the valve bodies from solid bar stock
- Increasing valve wall thicknesses
- Securing Canadian Registration Numbers (CRNs) across Canada
“Our valve customers have come to expect the UL mark” says Harley Gray, Vice President. “We are looking forward to marketing these valves with the same third-party quality certifications our other valves have.” MGM - a manufacturer of excess flow check valves, back pressure check valves, needle valves, sampling equipment, and rail tank car service equipment – was founded in 1939 and has been serving these markets continuously since then from Bartlesville, Oklahoma.